The K-Kids kits include great resources! Members will find materials to help make 2018-19 a memorable year.
Here’s a sneak peek at this year’s kits:
- Member handbooks. Encourage students to refer to the handbook regularly. This year, it includes a calendar for planning events, and it’s handy for sharing information with parents.
- Member pins. Ensure members receive a pin so they can show their K-Kids pride. Designate a day each week (preferably club meeting day) for members to wear their pins at school.
- Officer and advisor pins. In addition to the member pin, give each advisor and officer a pin to reflect his or her title. Host a club officer installation to honor new officers.
- Pledge poster. Help members remember the K-Kids pledge by hanging this poster in your club meeting room.
- Officer guides. These guides are designed specifically for each club officer role (president, vice president, etc.). Each guide is unique to a position’s responsibilities, but all are designed with the same basic structure—with job descriptions, tools to help plan or prepare, resources and helpful websites, and checklists of responsibilities.
- IDEA Toolkit. Encourage club officers to lead activities using this toolkit. Members will Identify the Need, Develop the Passion, Execute the Project and Advance the Impact of future community service projects using this resource.
- Table tents. Table tents include the title of each club officer to use during club meetings. Consider laminating them to keep them in good condition, or collect them after every meeting.
- Advisor guide. Created for both the faculty advisor and the Kiwanis advisor, this guide is filled with information and tips for supporting a K-Kids club.