#WorldFoodSafetyDay Twitter chat
Tuesday 2 June 2020, 15:00 CEST
On Tuesday 2 June 2020, the UN Food Systems Summit and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) will host a Twitter chat in observance of World Food Safety Day. Anyone with a Twitter account can join the conversation, which will be led by @FoodSystems around the hashtags #WorldFoodSafetyDay and #WFSDchat.
In view of next year’s UN Food Systems Summit, the online chat will look at how food safety fits into food systems, as ensuring food is safe requires a whole-of-food-systems approach, involving everyone in the supply chain and the consumer. Questions pertinent to current global issues will be raised, allowing Twitter users to share their views and experiences to ensure food is safe amid new challenges. The discussion will also delve into the importance of food safety in promoting food and nutrition security.
Tune in to Twitter on June 2 at 15:00 CEST to take part.
- Why is food safety everyone’s business?
- How is food safety affected by emerging global challenges? (COVID-19, climate change, migration etc)?
- How can we ensure that food safety remains a priority in times of COVID-19?
- Why is food safety important to achieve food and nutrition security?
- How can consumers make sure that food is safe?
- How does food safety fit into food systems?
Use the hashtag #WFSDchat in your answers.
World Food Safety Day: http://www.fao.org/fao-who-codexalimentarius/world-food-safety-day/about/en/
UN Food Systems Summit: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/food-systems-summit-2021/